Geological Survey of New South Wales
The Geological Survey is the premier geoscience agency of NSW, providing information to government, the exploration and mining industries and the community about the state's geology and mineral resources and providing advice to government on mineral exploration assessments and land use planning.
What we do
- Geological mapping
- Geophysical surveys
- Minerals geoscience
- Land use assessment
- Mineral exploration assessment
- Geoscience information services
What we provide
- Online services
- Minerals & Petroleum Project Maps
- Geological maps
- Geoscience data packages
- Geophysical images & data
- Mineral deposit maps
- Heritage maps
- Drill core & reference collections
DIGS® is an interactive database of exploration and geoscience information.
EROL is an extension to DIGS, which enables exploration title holders to lodge reports via the internet.
MinView allows users to interactively display and query geoscience and exploration tenement information for NSW.
Discover Geoscientific Data using Google Earth and simple web queries, then download data in CSV or GIS formats.
Provide both spatial and textual search tools for all geoscience products in NSW.
- Recent drill core and cuttings accepted
- Complimentary NSW Mineral Explorers Directory 2013
- Explanatory Notes - Goulburn 1:250 000 geological sheet SI/55-12, 2nd edition
- Explanatory Notes - Sussex and Byrock 1:100 000 geological sheets 8135 and 8136
- Quarterly Notes 138 - Permian fossils and palaeoenvironments of the northern Sydney Basin
- NSW 1:1 500 000 metallogenic map (2011)
- Quarterly Notes 137 - A review of Cambrian and Ordovician stratigraphy in NSW
- Quarterly Notes 136 - Fossil microbes in opal from Lightning Ridge - implications for the formation of opal
- Quarterly Notes 135 - Phoenix: an Early Devonian granite-related tungsten deposit from the eastern Lachlan Orogen, New South Wales
- Angledool 1:250 000 geological map (second edition) and explanatory notes
- Cobham Lake 1:100 000 Geological Map (First Edition)
- Milparinka 1:100 000 Geological Map (First Edition)
- Mount Arrowsmith 1:100 000 Geological Map (First Edition)
- Olive Downs 1:100 000 Geological Map (First Edition)
- Yancannia 1:100 000 Geological Map (First Edition)
- Yantara 1:100 000 Geological Map (First Edition)
- Complimentary NSW Petroleum and Geothermal Potential 2011
- Bulletin 35 - Explanatory notes for the Koonenberry Belt geological maps
- New NSW 1:1 500 000 & 1:3 000 000 surface geology maps
- New NSW 1:1 500 000 & 1:3 000 000 mineral resource project maps
Geological Survey News
You can subscribe to a RSS feed that lists all the latest Geological Survey news. find out more..
- Apr 2013New powerful advanced search for DIGS® reports
- Mar 2013East Riverina Hydrogeochemistry Project
- 20 Feb 2013Geology for smart phones
- 12 Feb 2013Geoscientific Data Warehouse Upgrade
- 12 Dec 2012Geoscientific Data Warehouse (GDW) released
- 31 Aug 2012High profile of the GSNSW team at the 34th International Geological Congress
- 31 Aug 2012Dr Richard Glen honoured at 34th International Geological Congress
- 29 Jun 2012Exploration in the House 2012 technical talks
- 15 Mar 2012Grafton - Tenterfield Airborne Geophysical Survey data released
- 22 Feb 2012Enhanced surface and drillhole geochemistry database
- 15 Feb 2012New Koonenberry Belt 1:250 000 solid geology maps